Holy moly I’m behind on my Journey updates. However, I must let you know, I’m slightly hesitant about showing pictures at this point. Friends….we are dangerously close to being done. Back in July I really didn’t know if I’d ever type the word “done”. I mean, I knew we would be finished one day. Quitters we are not. I just didn’t know how long this would all take. In the last month or so, things have just been chugging along and she’s looking good.
First the floor. And just know that I won’t show many pictures. You’ll have to wait for the big reveal…whenever that is. You may recall back in August we laid a new sub-floor in prep for what would one day be the new floor. I’ve seen a few other trailers use wood floors, and I loved the look. So homey. So we went with laminate wood floor stickers. I will take a moment to remind you of what we started with:

Wowza. No barefoot are touching that, let me tell you.

It’s been getting pretty chilly here lately and the floor and flooring needed to remain about 60 degrees or so for 48 hours to acclimate. So we bought a heater and would turn it on occasionally to get Journey all toasty inside at night.

Now I witnessed none of this flooring action. Nathan busted it out. It happened so fast I really wasn’t even aware it was happening. I do know he sanded down the entire floor wherever the new flooring was to be laid.

Prepped and ready to go.

He did a test spot and left it overnight just see make sure it didn’t curl up or something within 24hrs of installation.

It looked great, stayed put, so he charged ahead with the rest. The following is the last picture you will see of the floor…for now.

All laid out and ready to be stuck. I have to say, I’m pretty impressed with those giant floor stickers. Looks awesome, feels awesome, and those babies are stuck! Nathan said they’re pretty easy to work with too.

Our appointment with the Washington State Patrol was fast approaching, which meant we had a 3-day pass to drive Journey around. (Because we have no title, VIN, or license plate…we had to do a lot of paperwork in order to even get her road legal.) Because we had a 3 day pass, we wanted to use that time to drive her around to make sure there’s no major issues. I also scheduled us some family pictures with our favorite photographer Jessica Greenfield. She lives on gorgeous farmland out near Moses Lake, so it was a perfect opportunity for a little road trip and include Journey in the family photos. BUT Journey’s door was still a hot mess. So not picturesque. We had to fix that, and quickly. We spent about 3-4 hours one evening last week rebuilding the door.

Ready to be rebuilt!
All nails pulled out, ready to be disassembled.
In pieces.

I know it’s not an original idea, but I wanted the door to be a chalkboard door. I love how other glampers write “Welcome, please come in” or other messages like that. So Nathan sprayed a couple coats of chalkboard paint on the new piece of wood.

The door frame was a little warped, so getting the door all back together and hung up was a little bit of a challenge, but it all worked out in the end.
My job was scrubbing this bad boy and installing the new rubber gasket. I even had to use silicone. Oooooo! Not too bad, if I do say so myself 😉
All assembled and ready to be rehung!
Ta-da! I haven’t rubbed chalk all over it yet…that’s still on the to-do list.

Next post will be our State Patrol inspection, family pics, and our first road trip experiance! Stay tuned 🙂
Press on!


Comment away, friend!